Eye doctors should list your PD when they fill out a prescription for you, but sometimes they don’t. No worries, if it’s not there, you can still measure your pupillary distance on your own at home.
All you need is a mirror, a ruler and to follow these steps:
- Stand in front of a mirror, 8 inches away.
- Hold the ruler against your eyebrow. Keep your face straight.
- Close your right eye. Position the ruler’s 0 mm line above the left pupil’s center.
- Look straight. Open your right eye and close your left one.
- The distance (in mm) between the ruler’s starting point and the right pupil’s center is your PD.
That’s it, you have your PD. We recommend measuring your pupillary distance 3 times to make sure the measurements are consistent and accurate - especially if you intend to get progressive lenses.
Please sign in to leave a comment.